Sunday, September 12, 2010

Surviving the Storm

I feel like I've been totally distracted lately because we are recovering from a pretty nasty typhoon here. We were out of power for four days, and our phone is still out more than a week later. I felt very disoriented throughout the experience--kids were out of school, couldn't eat normally, couldn't get homework or regular work done properly, yadayadayada. Lucky for us, they moved us to a hotel over the weekend, but that was odd too--since my kids don't really like Korean food, they were eating $13 room service hot dogs. I was eating whatever, too, which is never very good. My scale was drowned in the storm, so I had to buy another one, which seems to be giving me different readings depending on how I'm standing on it. Yikes, am I making enough excuses yet? Anyway, I've just been distracted by all of this real life stuff.

So I'm looking to re-focus. I want to get back to exercising consistently this week. I'm also interested in simplifying my eating--I've been reading lately about folks who are limiting meals to 500 calories or less, with a couple of small snacks during the day. I like the simplicity of this approach, and I may start it soon if everything calms down! Hope you all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment