Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Better day yesterday

Seems like I'm getting my eating under better control in the last few days. Yesterday, I shared a lovely grilled fish meal with some Korean-American friends for lunch--everything was good there--lots of vegetables, grilled fish, and very little rice (this always draws a lot of attention from them--why don't you eat your rice???) Dinner was steamed dumplings and green beans.

I'm concentrating on the evenings, since this is where I seem to have the greatest challenge. I definitely snack a lot at home, and dinners are healthy but larger portions than I really should have. I think the key for me will be distracting myself with activities other than eating--shouldn't be too hard with three kids and trying to get ready for a month-long trip to the U.S.

I do plan to exercise this evening. I have been seriously slacking in this area--I did go swimming on Monday, but here it is Thursday and I haven't done any serious sweating since then. Maybe I'll at least mow the lawn tonight--that's always good for a serious sweat session.

I need to start seeing some results...I'm getting discouraged with my lack of weight loss. I really have no one to blame but myself, though--I'm making a halfhearted effort--some days I journal well, get in water, exercise, avoid sugar and refined carbs, get in the healthy fruits and veggies--and some days I don't. To get results, I have to be firing on all cylinders. Otherwise, I actually gain--yikes. I'm not a binger, I'm not eating junk food, I just need to be at a very low calorie level and high activity level to lose, probably because of my age and thyroid situation. As I've mentioned before, I'm mulling whether to try the Medifast system--I'm seeing a lot of people getting really good results with it, and I actually do eat healthy 80% of the time already--so I don't think the weight would bounce back on--what I do think is that it would give me a head start at carving this weight off so I could move better. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment