Monday, June 7, 2010

Made it through the weekend...

Some days it feels like an accomplishment to make it through the weekend. This one surely felt like that! I hosted a sleepover party for my birthday boy and 6 of his little friends, all around 9 years old. What was I thinking! They really junked it up, but I kept my personal damage to a minimum and got a lot of activity in preparing for the party, entertaining, and cleaning up. They had a blast, so it's all good, and I survived it.

We went swimming last night, which felt really good and refreshing. I'm always happy when we get out and do a little physical activity. I even prepared a healthy meal afterwards--made a funny concoction of a broccoli slaw mix stir fry and a frozen chicken lo mein entree--lots of good veggies and very quick. Even DH ate it without too much complaining.

Today has been good, eating-wise. Brought healthy snacks into work, ate oatmeal for breakfast, and turned down the co-workers' evil chocolate bundt cake. I found a yummy cold buckwheat noodle dish, served with veggies and hot sauce, which is a new Korean healthy favorite for me--had it again for lunch today. Something about really spicy foods seems to slow me down a bit and enhance satiety. I will see what is for dinner tonight--I have a good amount of points to work with and a freezer full of food (and leftovers if need be). I'm also going to spend some time on the treadmill. I recently figured out how to make Hulu work on my computer, so I'll be watching some Americano shows while getting my sweat on--woohoo!

Here's to a good week for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment