Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Doctors' visits are always so much fun!

Went to see my endocrinologist yesterday for my yearly status related to my thyroid cancer, for which I received a thyroidectomy and radiation treatment about four years ago. The good news is that there doesn't appear to be any recurrence of tumors :) And that is a HUGE big piece of good news, lemme tell you. More good news is that she's going to keep me on the same dosage of meds, so no reduction. I was a little worried that she was going to reduce it because I'm pretty far out from the cancer occurrence, but she's willing to continue at this level for another year.

I did indicate to her that despite good efforts at diet and exercise, I'm not losing much weight. Remember, she's the one that first suggested the possibility of lap band or off-label use of diabetic drugs. However, yesterday, she mentioned that another patient of hers is having very good results with Medifast. It's funny, because I have been really thinking about pursuing this method myself. I'm still researching it, but it's definitely a possibility. I think it would just be good to get a jump start.

No comments:

Post a Comment