Sunday, February 28, 2010

Measuring my success

I've decided this week to really focus on measuring. I have a feeling that I'm eating more points than I'm recording, and that may explain the stall in weight loss. So it's back to the drawing board. This morning I measured my egg whites (in a carton, so measured in tablespoons), and the chex mix I'm bringing for a snack for work today. The things I can measure, I'm going to in order to make sure that I'm counting points correctly.

I'm also going to write down EVERYTHING I eat. As I've mentioned before, weekends and evenings are tough for me to record. It's pretty crazy at my house with kids, pets, hubby, chores, etc. However, I'm not going to let this be an excuse. I've seen plenty of other moms do this successfully--why not me? I started by recording the brownies I ate last night. Yes, I did have to dip into the weeklies for that treat, but that's what they're there for, right? I know for myself that I don't want to completely stop eating treats. That's one of the reasons that I can't envision Lap Band Land. What I CAN do is to be accountable for those treats, and make sure they're a part of a healthy overall diet. I think over time it will register for me what's really worth it, and what's not.

One of the other things I'm trying to develop in myself is finding entertainment in things other than food. Yesterday was a good step in that direction. It was a semi-nice day here, so we took the kids out to a very large family park. We walked around for over an hour, played on the outdoor workout equipment, at the playground, fed fish at the ponds and had a nice outdoor picnic. All in all a lovely outing. OK it did involve some food, but it was not the focus at least. I felt good that walking was not an issue--I do think the treadmill work I've been doing is strengthening me, so that's positive. Here's to a good week!

1 comment:

  1. You will be amazed at how much your endurance ande strength will improve if you just keep doing that treadmill day in and day out...just make it a routine like brushing your teeth. Trust me on this!! Nothing wrong at all with planning in your treats...and yes, your food choices will evolve as you go along. Things that "used" to be worth it will naturally fall by the wayside and be replaced by other things. You're doing fantastic, and obviously learning a lot as you go. :)

    ReplyDelete