Monday, March 1, 2010

Monkey see monkey do

Last night went pretty well. I did manage to write everything down that I ate, so that's a step in the right direction. It helped that I made taco soup, which filled me beyond the point of being comfortable once it actually registered in my stomach. Lots O fiber--yikes. I had no desire to snack or even have dessert after that!

Amazingly, I actually was able to move after that, and did a Leslie Sansone workout that I haven't done for quite a while. I really like it because it's an interval type workout with "enhanced walking" AKA jogging. It really makes me feel like I'm doing something, which is important after sitting at a desk all day. I felt like I needed to get out some steam also--nothing like coming home after the rest of your family has had the day off and finding that nothing's been done! I mean, come on...dinner's not started, cr*p all over the house, and a dishful of dishes with the dishwasher full of dirty dishes also. Kind of a bummer. So, I guess I count that as a step forward, not eating my frustration but kicking it with Leslie.

I'm noticing something else, too, when it comes to exercise (and eating for that matter). It's monkey see, monkey do, for better or for worse. My kids will pick up a cookie if I do (it's really disheartening to me), but they will also dance alongside me to exercise videos. Hmmmm....which should I choose...duh!

I'm going to go shopping after work to buy a few things to make a frittata--sounds good. I have lots of egg whites, which I actually like, but was thinking that the mornings will be a lot less hectic if I make a large frittata to subdivide for breakfasts for the rest of this week. We'll see how it goes.

Lunch today was good--I have recently discovered "grilled fish alley" here in Seoul. It's literally an alley with a bunch of hole in the wall grilled fish restaurants. As far as I can figure out, this is a pretty healthy option. The fish is simply grilled, and they serve it with seaweed soup, rice, and lots of veggie sides (kind of kimchi relatives). I don't usually eat much rice, so I figure it to be under 500 calories, and I'm pretty stuffed by the end of it. There is just no way to eat a whole fish quickly with chopsticks, especially if you don't want to ingest a ton of bones. It's a good way to slow down your eating so you can tell when you actually feel full.

Now all I have to deal with is the evening. Right now (about 3 in the afternoon), I'm not in the least bit hungry. I'm sure I will be by dinner. We'll see if anyone has started dinner. I have been doing a dinner plan for the week, with recipes attached and ingredients bought for the week. Well, I can always dream, can't I? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment