Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sloppy eating

Hello all--

I have to say today I'm frustrated with myself. Of course, I'm on day two of a holiday three day weekend, and it's been tough eating-wise. I'd have to characterize my eating as sloppy. Yes, I am limiting my portions, but I'm not eating an ideal WW program. And I have to realize when I say that I'm limiting my portions, most people do not start with my standards (two hamburgers, why not, it's a picnic, right?)

And I'm not getting the results I want, of course. I just have to whine a little bit, though...two days of sloppy eating can result in a two pound gain for me. TOTALLY not fair. My youngest even said to me this morning, wasn't that ice cream last night good? And then I told her I didn't have the ice cream, remember? And thought to myself, and I'm still fat.

Why is this so difficult? I think part of the reason is that so many events seem to revolve around food. This weekend alone, there was a going away party on Friday (dinner food), and a picnic yesterday (more food). Then last night my DH decides we need to go out (because of course he didn't go to the earlier foodfest), and I had to sit and watch him eat all his calories (and then some) in one sitting.

Of course he loves draft beer, so I drank a couple of glasses also (which, I know, I shouldn't have done). One thing I'm realizing on this journey is that I don't even really like beer or what it's doing to me. It used to be fun, but can anyone tell me why now all it does is make me swell up and sweat? Wow, I was super grumpy after drinking a couple of glasses last night. And of course I'm still swollen this morning from processed restaurant crap and alcohol.

I did talk to DH about it last night, but I'm not sure that much is going to change for him. He told me the other night that he really wants to lose weight, but I'm not sure he's willing to put in the effort. Hell, lately, I know I haven't been. I certainly CANNOT do this for two people. What I will do is get back to journaling, drinking water, and exercising this week. All cylinders really have to be firing for me to see any progress.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I could have posted this exact same thing. In fact, I'm about to draft a similar post. So much of our social lives revolves around food, it's hard on holiday weekends, especially, to keep it clean. Don't focus too much on the past and just get it back together today. Also, it sounds like your weekend was like mine. I didn't blow it and go crazy eating-wise, just didn't eat clean either. Think of that as a victory!

    I completely understand about the husband, too! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of us seem to be struggling right now, and we shouldn't be!! this is summer time when it's supposed to be easier with all the fresh fruits and veggies, Farmer's markets, light summer salads, plenty of sunshine to get out and do all sorts of fun activities as our exercise....we need to get it together girlfriend, no matter how crappy the husband/boyfriend are eating. I'm trying to get my butt in gear myself. Let's make SURE next week is a better one, and you're right about all cylinders firing for the weight to come off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all struggle. I do find that if I FORCE myself to write what I eat down, something makes me restrain myself a little bit or a lot (that accountability factor of SEEINg the calories add up in REAL NUMBERS?). When I don't journal, it's easier to nosh and snack and just make believe it's NOT that much. Sigh.

    Just take the little steps one at a time. We're all in the same boat in fatfighting land--good days, bad days, struggling, but NOT giving up is important. Just don't lose hope.

    ReplyDelete