Monday, April 19, 2010

Building up strength

It's funny, when the journey's as long as mine has been, and probably will be, you make lots of non-weight discoveries along the way. One thing I've discovered is that I want physical fitness in order to enjoy my life more. Weird, huh, that I haven't really figured that out until now. It's literally easier to make myself exercise when I'm training FOR something fun--like vacation. Right now, I know we'll be in San Francisco in July. Lots of hills, and we would probably want to visit Alcatraz, which has a fair amount of hiking. Recently, it was wanting to enjoy walking on the beach and in the rainforest. I just don't want to be on the sidelines telling my family "you go on ahead, I'll wait here." I want to enjoy it with them. I'd even like to get to the point where I don't dodge vacation photos--that might be a ways off, though! To this end, I started doing my walk/jog interval dvd again last night. My goal is to get back into doing it (or the treadmill) regularly to get my strength and endurance back up for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you're exercising and working toward a goal. Go for it! Could you mail me some of that motivation? :)

    ReplyDelete