Thursday, April 22, 2010

Busy times

Wow, I can't believe the week has gone by so fast. My boss is out of town this week and next, and the work level has been incredible! Foodwise, things have been OK, although I haven't been journaling much this week. On the up side, I've been so busy that I haven't eaten much either. Last night, DH was out so I took advantage and made some cauliflower pizza, which I've been meaning to try for a while. It was actually very good! I boiled up some frozen cauliflower, drained and cooled it, then grated it into a bowl. I think I'm going to buy a ricer to save my knuckles! Once I had about a cup, I mixed in some grated sharp cheddar, an egg, and oregano. You put this mix on a well sprayed cookie sheet, and spread it out into a circle. Cook it in a 450 degree oven until it's dark around the edges, about 15 minutes. Then top it with pizza sauce and mozzarella or parmesan and whatever toppings you like (I used turkey pepperoni.) Put it under the broiler for a couple of minutes, then take it out and slice it up. My DH had a slice later and didn't even recognize that it was made with cauliflower. Thanks to Lyn from the Escape from Obesity blog for this and many other good recipes!

I haven't been doing a lot of strenous exercise, but have gone on walks in my neighborhood the last two nights. Last night I took my youngest for a walk down to the playground, which she enjoyed a lot. We took the time together to talk about some of her acting up at school, so hopefully this discussion will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment