Monday, April 12, 2010

Probably TMI

Well, fellow bloggers, it is almost TOM. Is it strange to be making about a thousand bathroom visits today? I must have been retaining Hoover Dam, incredible. I'm hoping this will mean good news for the weigh-in by the end of the week. I have to say that I have been pretty pleased with my food choices over the last couple of days. Last night, I had some lovely WW crockpot lasagna. Sounds like it wouldn't work, but it was delish, and very healthy. I limited my intake of garlic bread to one piece and even got in some green beans. I really need to figure out how to get in more vegetables. I do like them, it's just that I'm not planning so they're always an afterthought (let's see what I have in the freezer...)

Today, I had a lunch function for work at a restaurant where there are A LOT of pitfalls. They're known for their half pound burgers! Anyhow, I opted for some vietnamese pho soup, which also has beef, but probably not more than 4 oz. worth. It took a lot of time to eat, also, which is always a good thing for me. I couldn't finish it, and didn't even try.

Over the weekend, I made up some split pea soup, whole wheat bread, and some "healthy" scalloped potatoes, which I have been eating for breakfasts this week. Wow, it really does help if you plan your menus and do some cooking over the weekend for the week.

Well, better get back to that bathroom! Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB on the food and planning!!!! As far as fitting in more veggies....I cook up a bunch on Sunday afternoons so I'm ready for the week. I use the Foreman grill and grill up some fresh baby asparagus and zucchini...I boiled some yellow squash, steamed some broccoli, roasted some radishes in the oven...and I also keep fresh tomatoes and cucumbers on hand for simple slicing and eaiting. You're doing so good...very proud of you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super job!! You're doing awesome! Would you share the crockpot lasagna recipe?

    You could always try a green smoothie for the veggies :) I'm posting pics of mine today!

    ReplyDelete