Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Slowly recovering...

The antibiotics seem to be making a difference. I'm feeling better every day now, coughing less, and secreting less...well TMI, methinks. I managed to stay up until 11 PM last night, so I think the body is responding to the meds. I had some lovely salmon last night with whole wheat couscous and some raw cucumbers. A couple of my kids even joined me in this repast, so I'm hopeful they'll be eating more of what I eat as time goes by. I had to blend up some soup and mashed potatoes and broccoli for poor DH, who had his wisdom teeth out on Monday. Somedays I feel like a short order cook!

I have decided to take part in Tammy's challenge for April. 10 pounds is probably a tall order, but nothing ventured nothing lost! I plan to do some organization for next week this weekend, so that the evening menus are not as random as they've been this week. I know what I'll say next will get me little to no sympathy, but if I leave the cooking up to our helper, I get some pretty uneven results. She's used to cooking with a lot of oil and other goop, and it's just no good for me. The kids also do not like foods with a lot of sauce, or things they can't identify (aka casseroles). We all do better if I plan the menu for the week with recipes for dinners. I also plan (health willing) to get back into the exercise routine next week. I feel my strength has diminished now with very little exercise for the past couple of weeks. Onward and downward!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you joined the challenge, and it's good to hear that you're feeling better...can't wait to see your weigh-in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what's the challenge?

    I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete