Thursday, April 29, 2010

Here comes the sun :)

Thank God! The sun has finally peeked out for the last couple of days. I got out to the park with my kids last night after work and it was just darn good to get out for a walk and game of HORSE with my daughter. Not triathlon training, but a little stretching of the legs. I was getting pretty tired of the crappy weather--I actually had to bring a space heater into my office the other day--ridiculous!

I don't think it's been any secret that I've been frustrated with my rate of weight loss lately. It's funny, though, how the universe sends you little encouraging signs. Yesterday, someone who sees me pretty often asked me if I'd been losing weight...huh? Strange, because I have lost, but not a lot lately. Hey, I'll take it, especially on a day I was feeling especially bloated. Wow, you really have to plan ahead if you eat one of those Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars, yikes!

So at least the week is coming to an end and I need to start planning over the weekend for next week. I started packing my two youngests' lunches, and that in and of itself is an undertaking. I really have to sit down and plan not only for that but for dinners and breakfasts for the coming week. The up side is that I think they're definitely eating healthier. Yay mom! Luckily they like a lot of fruits and veggies, so if I do some advance prep over the weekend we'll be in good stead for the week.

Happy weekend all--enjoy the sun if it makes an appearance in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm glad you found the sun! Or, the sun found you, rather.

    You and I are right there together with the slow weight loss thing. Seriously, it's super frustrating, right? Hang in there, baby steps and little losses lead all add up!

    ReplyDelete