Wednesday, May 5, 2010

DH--Why is eating out so great?

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why my DH thinks it's so great to go out to eat. I really am not a bad cook. I actually like cooking, and am fairly decent at it. We actually have a helper at home who cooks pretty well, too. A few times a week she'll get something started, and so dinner is really not a big deal. Except my DH sulks when he doesn't go out.

Let's look back at this week. Friday night: happy hour with typical bar snacks. Sunday: Buffet brunch out. Tuesday: last minute begging involving the children prompted a dinner out at a smoky, noisy restaurant with not many good choices. Today: Children's Day here in Korea, and my DH brings them downtown to go out to lunch with me--this time, at least, it was in a Korean restaurant with choices that were not horrendous.

I'm not sure why the crappiest food out is better than the greatest food in, but that's the impression I've got. On top of that, since I'm the stick in the mud that wants to stay in, I get stuck with all the shopping, food prep, and cleanup (because he didn't want to eat in anyway.)

I just find it way easier to control portions and food at home--you know what's going in to your mouth, and how to count it. DH knows this, but just can't seem to internalize it, or doesn't care. It's frustrating.

No matter what, though, I'm eating at home tonight and tomorrow. Rant over (for now:)).

1 comment:

  1. Eating out would make me big as a house. I do awful when I eat out. I don't like that I can't control the environment...I don't know how the food was made...blah blah blah. So...I decide....just pig out! Gee...that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete