Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Jumpy


Hello all--again, I can't believe I'm not posting more often. This week has been strange, that's probably the best way to characterize it. For those of you who don't know, I am an American living in Seoul, South Korea. So maybe now you understand the title of this post. We live with the nut to the North everyday--we're only about 50 miles away from the border here. However, with South Korea confirming that the torpedo that sunk its sub, killing 45 people, was launched by North Korea, tension has been escalating here. I have to say that I've been trying to downplay it, but it is affecting me. I'm dreaming about running, and actually had one foot on the floor when I dreamt my doorbell rang at 2 in the morning. My kids asked me yesterday if we were going to be evacuated, and I tried to reassure them, but I'm not sure how confident I sounded. I've been trying to get my documents in order and think about what I'm going to do with my little doggie if this happens...they won't evacuate animals. (BTW, I'm going to leave him with my vet with a load of cash for boarding.)
Anyhoo, I haven't been that focused on tracking my eating. Basically, it's been healthy, but I haven't been writing it down or paying much attention to portion size. In fact, last night, it was a darn good thing I didn't have much "bingeworthy" foods available...I could have eaten ten candy bars...instead, all I had were a couple of fun size kitkats that were about a hundred years old. I was stressed out, and DH was out VERY late with a work event.
Funny enough, the exercise is going pretty well--usually the eating is difficult and the exercising is hard. I think right now it's somewhat a stress relief. I have this weird notion that I need to be able to run if need be--it helps me get motivated to exercise. I had this post 9-11, too--I was living and working in DC, and all of that was WAY too close for comfort. My notion was that I should be able to walk home from work--I always had a pair of tennis shoes in my drawer at work, and I did get up to the point that I could have easily walked the 5 or so miles home. I know, it's a weird motivator, but hey, it's my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment