Sunday, May 16, 2010

What would Kristy do?

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't written more this last week, but I've been thinking about this post, anyhow. I started thinking about the name of this blog, and how I started writing. Basically, my doctor suggested lap band surgery, and it was a giant wakeup call to me to get cracking on the weight loss journey. Since then, I'm down 15 pounds without the benefit of surgery, thank you very much.

But I started thinking about whether this "leaving" concept is the best mental approach here. Lately, I've been thinking, maybe I need to start visualizing what I'm leaving FOR. In other words, where am I trying to get? Lately, I have found this visualization a whole lot more motivating than the initial fear that got me going on this process.

Thus, the question posted in the title, "What would Kristy do?" I am visualizing a 160-170 pound version of myself who is fit and active and upbeat. When I'm on the treadmill and not all that motivated, I'm asking myself, "What would Kristy do?" Of course, Kristy would enjoy her workout because this is her life now. Excuse my schizophrenia, but this way of thinking is really helping me lately. Snack? Would Kristy eat that? Would Kristy eat that and try to hide it from her family...I think not. Would Kristy go back for seconds or be satisfied with a reasonable serving? Kind of psycho, but it is helping me in a strange way...maybe because it's visualizing the kind of person I want to become.

So last week I did very well with the exercise. I'm now at the point where I can "start" the 8 week program. I'm going to do the first week this week, and see how my joints react. So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment