Monday, March 29, 2010

Back from Down Under

Sorry for not posting lately, we just returned from a trip Down Under. Yes, we went to Australia! What a great trip. We shared a house with my sister and her family, who were going on to visit their inlaws there. I feel really good about this trip. While my eating was not perfect (they have a great love for fish and chips and meat pies there!), it was a very active vacation. We did a ton of walking and playing on the beach, etc. I was so happy that I was able to do most of what I wanted to do. We hiked up to the Natural Bridge, and I managed just fine. I spent the day walking around amusement parks, and I enjoyed it. Even on the last day, when we were in Sydney walking around the waterfront area, I led the family--even DH, who is usually a psychotically fast walker, was tired. The trip reminded me of what the payoff can be of taking off even a few pounds and improving fitness. I don't have to be a triathlete to get these benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment