Sunday, March 14, 2010

Better choices

Had a good, busy weekend with some decent choices in the face of what could have been disastrous for the eating plan. The weekend started out with a happy hour, with heavy horsd'oeuvres (I hope that's spelled right). I stuck with a couple glasses of red wine and ate sparingly, with a focus on shrimp. I even left food on the plate because it was way too greasy for my taste. Saturday night was another buffet dinner. Luckily, I'm on the board of the organization that held the dinner, so I was pretty busy. I did make a point of walking there, since I had to be there in advance of the rest of the family. When I did get to the dinner buffet, I was pleased to see that they had lots of good veggie choices, grilled chicken, and sushi. I opted not to drink alcohol that night, so the calories were definitely reasonable. Sunday I got out the crock pot and decided to make a creamy green chile chicken stew, but with WW-friendly ingredients. Although the kids really wanted to go out, I fought them off, served them chicken nuggets (which is probably what they would have eaten at the restaurant anyhow) and ate my delicious, figure-friendly soup.

I wish I could say that all this added up to a loss this week--alas, it did not. I weighed in at 265, which is slightly above last week. This could be due to TOM, but is also probably related to a few cookies that sneaked into our house and my gullet. I really have to stop bringing them home, even when they're half off at the bakery! Can't set a bargain price on my health! All I can do is keep working at this, and I have faith that the results will eventually manifest.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you made some good, thoughtful choices with your eating this weekend...that's great progress!! You just keep at it, and all of those "better" choices will turn it "great" choices more and moreand before you know it, the healthy eating lifestyle will become a habit, and something you just "do". I have no doubt that you'll get there. You're doing fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete