Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Perfect Storm

Well, it's an ugly truth, but I'm realizing lately how dependent I am on food for self-soothing. This last week I've been SOOO irritable. Everything's getting on my nerves. Last night, I had a tantrum worthy of a 3 year old over the fact that the drumsticks to our newly bought WII "Rock Band 2" had gone missing. Granted, it is frustrating when you consider that we've only had this thing for a week, but it is what it is. Anyway, one thing led to another, and I'm on a rant about everything from juice stains on the floor to dishes left in the computer room.

Why am I so aggravated over these little things? I think it's partly due to PMS, but also because my mouth is still very sensitive from all the dental work I've had lately. I've tried to sneak a couple yummy things in to make myself feel better (half cookie, you know who you are!), but instead of making me feel better, it made my mouth hurt more--no fair! Without that crutch it's amazing how grouchy I feel--yikes. Am I really that dependent on the comfort I'm getting from food--that's a sad realization. I've got to find other ways to relax and de-stress. On getting up this morning, I lost an earring, couldn't find my mom's wedding ring (eventually it did show up), walked into a kitchen stickified by spilled chocolate milk, couldn't get on the internet to send myself a document needed to send to the estate lawyer for my MIL's affairs, and the list goes on. I think I'd better work on some breathing exercises.:)

On the up side, I did get a good walk in--I spent my entire lunch hour hiking up to what they call "toy alley" here in search of a cat in the hat costume for my son, who has to do a presentation on Dr. Seuss next week. While I'd normally order this kind of thing, the short notice prevented that this time. So it was like a little treasure hunt--found most of what I needed, but of course no one had the iconic red and white striped hat--we'll have to fake it I guess, with another hat. Anyhow, got my activity points in for the day, which is good. I really don't mind exercising when it involves a good urban hike. It's a lot of fun exploring here.

No comments:

Post a Comment