Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sick,but a silver lining

Well, I've been home sick the last few days. I think at this point that it must be the flu, despite having taken regular and H1N1 flu shots. Not fair! The silver lining is that I've had little to no appetite. I've been drinking a ton of fluids, so maybe this will add up to some weight loss by this weekend. It sure does point out how much I do around the house, though. My dH is getting so grumpy about having to do all the little chores I normally take care of, especially with regard to getting the kids school and extracurricular schedules/needs taken care of. He had to do shopping for Easter stuff and birthday presents yesterday, and he was on the phone with me getting constant info on what he should buy. Am I making him helpless by doing so much? Sure seems like it. He was even mad at our helper for moving some opened mail off the dining room table--said he'd rather live in a pigsty than have someone moving stuff around all the time. Am I wrong to have a minor panic when he says things like that? Right now, she's a whole lot more help than he is. I did manage to keep that opinion to myself last night, but come on...when I'm so sick I can't get out of bed except to go to the bathroom and get something to drink, is it so much to ask for a little help? Yikes. Today seems better in terms of the coughing--it was so bad earlier this week that my ribs still hurt. I sincerely hope I can get back into the swing of things soon.

3 comments:

  1. It's awesome that you got to go to Australia, but so sorry to hear you're sick!!! And your honey bunny sounds pretty typical, so try not to freak out, lol. Guys NEVER realize just how much the girl does to keep up house and home...they're totally clueless...and when it falls on them to do it, they think the world is coming to an end, lol....too bad it never turns into appreciation for YOU, huh? Dumb as bricks, I tell ya'...you know what they say though....you can't live with 'em...and you can't shoot 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better!!! I agree with Tammy, men absolutely never realize how much women do to keep things running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hosting a challenge on my blog...I'd love you to join us...swing by and check it out...and I've got a really cool badge you can put on your sidebar, too, lol :)

    ReplyDelete